Protein foods for bodybuilding – your best sources with recipesNovember 10, 2019
Protein rich foods have long been a source for building muscle, there are many good sources of protein that you can choose from, such as chicken, fish and tuna for your meat sources, other good sources of protein rich foods such as eggs, cottage cheese, and dairy products such as milk and cheese.
Today I want to touch on some of the best protein food sources for building muscle, whether if you are new to bodybuilding and are interested in starting to pack on some muscle size, or if you have been with bodybuilding for sometime and want to continue to pack on the muscle size, these food sources are the best for giving protein supplementation that you need, with as little fat as possible.
Today we will be looking at protein foods for bodybuilding, your best sources with recipes.
Italion chicken and herb
This recipe has a perfect blend of one of your best protein sources, and that is chicken. With the combination of these ingredients can take one of your best protein sources such as chicken and really spice it up and bring this dish to life.
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- half cup white mushrooms, and slice them to 1/8″
- half cup red bell peppers, sliced 8th in
- quarter cup onion, sliced 8th in
- one clove fresh garlic, finely chopped
- one teaspoon basil dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- one teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon black pepper
- canola oi
- First you will need to start by flattening the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap, flatten with a mallet. Breasts should be in uniform thickness about half inch.
- next you will need to rub the oregano, basil, salt and black pepper into the meat and then brush lightly with the canola oil.
- brush both sides of the pan with oil and allow for preheating, approximately 5 minutes.
- mix all the vegetables together, then you will place the vegetables on the pan and spread them out and cover the flat chicken breasts.
- bake for half hour.
- 4 ,1 inch thick swordfish steaks 24 ounce
- virgin olive oil
- half teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon ground pepper
- 3.5 oz of whole grain brown rice
- half cup mixed baby greens
- Olive basil and relish
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees medium-high brush the swordfish evenly with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- grill swordfish covered with grill lid over 350 degrees medium high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of completion.
- prepare rice according to the package directions. Place rice in a medium Skillet and stir in 2/3 cups of olive basil relish. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- next you will need to divide the rice mixture between four plates, top each with one swordfish fillet. Spoon the remaining Olive basil relish over the swordfish fillets and rice mixture. Top fillets evenly with fixed baby greens. Garnish, if desired. Makes four servings.
Shrimp salad with pasta
- 16 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 3 pounds of peeled and cooked shrimp
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- one and a half teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- half cup chopped fresh basil
- citrus salad dressing
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to one day. Makes 7 to 8 servings.
(Fresh citrus salad dressing) you will whisk together half cup light olive oil, three tablespoons greek seasoning, 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise makes approximately 1 cup.
Greek yogurt smoothies
Greek yogurt is another excellent addition that you can add to your diet that supplies a generous amount of protein. One serving size of Greek yogurt contains as much is 18 grams of protein which is the equivalent of 36% of your daily allowance.
Included I have a nutrition facts chart of light & fit original Greek vanilla yogurt.
- serving size 1 cup
- calories 130, calories from fat 0
- total fat 0 grams 0% daily allowance saturated fat 0 grams and trans fat 0 grams which amounted to 0% of your daily allowance.
- cholesterol 10 mg 3% of your daily allowance
- sodium 70 mg 3% of your daily allowance
- potassium 220 mg 6% of your daily allowance
- total carbohydrates 13 grams 4% of your daily allowance dietary fiber 0 grams, sugar’s 11 grams 0% of your daily allowance
- protein 18 grams 36% of your daily allowance
- vitamin a 0%
- calcium 20%
- riboflavin 30%
- phosphorus 25%
- vitamin c 0%
- iron 0%
- folate 20%
Greek yogurt is a great ingredient for making smoothies which supply an ample dose of protein for your muscle building experience. Greek yogurt is great for mixing and you can enjoy it with granola, fruit and many other assorted things that go great with smoothies.
Variety is the spice of life and when it comes creating a healthy diet high in protein, you will never run out of options when it comes to spicing up a variety in your diet
I hope that in this article I have given you some fresh new ideas to take away from this and spice up your diet.